Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Excuse me, Where is room 208?


For the month of November I will be in practicum. That basically means I am doing supervised practice teaching. I have an amazing mentor that is well seasoned and patient. Right now I am supposed to be writing up my lesson plans (detailed description of for an individual lesson) for the next week. I thought I'd take a quick break and have a visit with you all.

So far, things are going very well. Although it will be a busy month with practicum plus the assignment that are due from my teachers when I get back, I'm really excited. This is what it's all about, being with the kids, and engaging them. Most students warmed up to me pretty quickly, but I can see it will take a little while for some of them to come around.

The school I am placed at is quite large, so getting to know the staff and the students will probably take me the whole month. Getting around the building is another story. The school is huge and I've gotten lost a few times. Maybe I should get a GPS. Or a good old fashioned map. Thankfully there is always someone roaming around the halls to help me around. On person thought I was a lost student. They obviously didn't have their morning coffee AND their glasses. Mind you it was kind of dark in the foyer.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should leave colour sample trails so that you can find your way to class! Hope you have a great month Sharon!

grace said...

so glad you checked in and gave us a report on school. I bet a GPS would work great at the school. do they work in that type of environment?!
Good luck with the practicum(what a word!! :))
take care.

bb said...

Good Luck Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Santa will get you one.

Christine said...

I bet you did GREAT, Miss.

bb said...

Happy holidays Sharon.
Wishing you all the best. Hopefully you will get some time off to post something wonderful here.