Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You're Hot and You're Cold


I am so excited when I received a kit of OPI's Katy Perry collection. Specifically, OPI's black shatter nail polish as it's truly a unique polish because it creates depth and texture by applying a black polish that dries and separates to create a "shattered" look that exposes the underlying base coat.

Ingenious.

My daughter and I been fooling around with "Teenage Dream" and "The One That Got Away" at home. On the first try, it didn't turn out exactly like the picture. When we applied "Black Shatter" on top of our fully dried base coat (I used "Teenage Dream) the finished effect was more of a crackled effect.

Although the effect was more subtle than what appears in the add I liked the subtly of it. But of course the teen in my home likes the wow factor. On our second try, she achieved the desired "shattered" effect applying the black topcoat and blew on it until the polish separated. It was perfect!

We also noticed that you definitely need a top coat as the black is quite matte.

All in all it gets the Sharon stamp on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you, fancy fingers and all. I'm surprised your nails stay painted with all the water and soap you use. That makes me laugh she has her own nail polish.

grace said...

ooh, I like, I like. The effect on the nails, very very nice. B)

Good for Katy scoring a gig with OPI, the best nail polish on the market. (I used to do acrylics in addition to hair a few years back). Love OPI.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I read this post and went to go and try to buy some but seems that it is sold out.
:(
I can't wait to get my hands on some and try it.

Sharon said...

@Rance: I don't usually wear polish on my hands but my toes are always painted! I think its funny too when brands use celebs to market their products...smart actually.

@Grace: I LOVE OPI!!!!!

@Anonymous: yes, this polish is selling like hot cakes! Hope you get some soon.