Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spring? Is that you?

I always love this time of the year but this year...not so much. I've been in a frumpy mood that seems to come and go like the rain here in Toronto. And boy has it been raining. Last night we had a spectacular show of thunder and lightening. The only problem is they scare me to death. Especially when the rumbles cause the windows rattle. Needless to say, I didn't get my much needed beauty rest.

The rain has been on and off and the temperatures have been up and down this month. I plan my outfits according to the weather report. One day I wear rain boots with a lovely skinny pant and end up sweating and then the next day I wear sandals and a cute dress only to find icicles dangling from my nose. Clearly the weather report is not accurate and it's stressing me out! I can't seem to have just the right attire to keep me comfortable.

If I had my own classroom I'd have a closet with my favourite staple items that would include:
For now, I just lug my "just in case" stuff along with my "emergency personals" with me where ever I go. (Yes, I actually have socks in my bag).

Until then, I will bake cookies. Cookies make me happy. Especially chocolate ones!

2 comments:

grace said...

Oh, especially chocolate!

Wow, your weather sounds crazy. Id be in a frumpy mood too. I ll agree with you on the thunder and lightening, we don't get very much of that at all, I did grow up with it though, and it always was really frightening.
I wish Spring and sunny days ahead for you.

Sharon said...

Grace, it's been cookoo here! Today the temps sored.

28 ยบ + humidex = frizzy hair!

Thanks for the good wishes.